Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Jalapeño Tomato Sauce
Use Romano cheese instead of Parmesan cheese if you prefer.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 can (28 oz.) no-sodium diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup minced onions
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- 2 low-sodium vegetable bouillon cubes
- 3 jalapeño peppers, diced
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti noodles as directed. Combine tomatoes, onions, garlic, bouillon cubes, and jalapeño peppers in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Put blended mixture in a large saucepan and heat on medium for about 5 minutes or until bubbling. Serve hot, over pasta, with cheese.