Whole-Wheat Strawberry Corn Muffins
These fabulous vegan muffins have the taste and texture of traditional corn muffins. The combination of plump moist berries and subtle crunch of cornmeal is irresistible.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. sodium-free baking powder
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- Place the flour, cornmeal, sugar, and baking powder into a mixing bowl and whisk well to combine. Add the strawberries, nondairy milk, oil, and vanilla and stir until incorporated.
- Fill the muffin cups roughly 2⁄3 full. Place muffin tin on middle rack in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Let muffins cool at least 10 minutes before serving to ensure paper wrappers come off with ease.