Whole-Wheat Sugar Cookies
If you like sugar cookies with extra flavor, add orange or almond extract to kick these classic cookies up a notch.
Makes: 20 cookiesHands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 20 cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- ¾ cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. skim milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 large baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix flour, ¾ cup sugar, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Mix oil, egg, milk, and vanilla in a medium bowl; add to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Drop cookie dough balls about 2" apart on baking sheets. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly browned on edges.