Whole-Wheat Zucchini Bread
Add dry fruits or nuts to this bread to add sweetness, crunch, and depth of flavor.
Serves: 20Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs
- 2 oz. egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup no-calorie granular sweetener such as Splenda Granular
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. low-sodium baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 4 aluminum mini loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg and egg whites until foamy. Mix in the honey, zucchini, applesauce, canola oil, and vanilla.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift together the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sweetener, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture and mix until all ingredients are combined, but do not overmix.
- Divide the batter evenly into prepared mini loaf pans. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until tops are browned and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove pans to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans. Cool completely before slicing.