Wieners and Baked Beans
You can leave the hot dogs whole or cut them into pieces, depending on how you plan to serve the dish. Or you can do a combination of the two: Leave the number you need for sandwiches whole and cut the remaining hot dogs into pieces.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (8 oz.) bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cans (16 oz.) baked beans
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Tbsp. molasses
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- ½ cup ketchup or barbecue sauce
- 1 package (1 lb.) hot dogs, sliced into ½" coins
- Add the bacon to a deep nonstick skillet and brown it over medium heat. Leave 1 tablespoon of bacon fat in the pan and drain off any excess. Add the onion and sauté until transparent. Add the baked beans, brown sugar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, and ketchup or barbecue sauce and mix well. Stir in the hot dog pieces. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.