Wild Blackberry Pie
Serves: 12Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- pastry for a double-crust 9" pie
- 4 cups blackberries
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. butter, cut into bits
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a deep-dish 9" pie plate with half of the pastry, leaving 1" of the pastry hanging over the edge of the plate.
- In a large bowl, combine the blackberries, lemon juice, sugars, cinnamon, and flour. Mix lightly. Spoon into the prepared pastry shell. Dot with the butter. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the remaining pastry into a thin round and cut into ½"-wide strips.
- Moisten the edge of the bottom pastry with water. Arrange the pastry strips on top of the pie, forming a lattice top. Trim the ends of the strips as necessary and press the ends to the bottom crust. Turn the edge of the bottom crust and strips under and flute to make an attractive rim. Brush the lattice and the edges with the melted butter.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top crust is golden.