Wild Mushroom Broth
Reconstitute dried mushrooms 20 to 30 minutes before cooking time.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 2 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 oz. dried wild mushrooms
- 2 lbs. white button mushrooms
- ½ lb. fresh shitake mushrooms
- 4 shallots, peeled and quartered
- ¼ head of celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 sprigs of parsley
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (or 1 Tbsp. dried)
- ½ tsp. black peppercorns
- Without trimming or slicing them, place all the mushrooms in a soup pot. Add the seasonings and enough cold water to cover all the ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 2 hours. Squeeze the liquid from the mushrooms, adding that to the liquid in the pot. Discard the mushroom solids.