Wild Rice Salad
This wild rice salad is the perfect Holiday side. It is full of warm flavors and can be served hot or cold for an easy side dish.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 cups kale, ribs removed and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Prepare wild rice according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place butternut squash on prepared baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, curry powder, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Bake 40 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking time.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add kale, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until wilted, then transfer to a bowl.
- Add pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds, butternut squash and rice to the bowl. Toss to combine.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.