Winter Greens with Roasted Vegetables and Oranges
This salad is bitter and sweet—and beautiful. It’s perfect for either a weeknight dinner or a weekend gathering of friends and family . . . just double or triple the amounts to feed as a side dish for a crowd.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 sweet potato, sliced into ½" pieces
- 1 large carrot, sliced into ½" pieces
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 cups packed arugula
- ½ cup shredded radicchio
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small orange, skin removed and broken into segments
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Season sweet potato and carrot with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through and lightly charred.
- Place arugula, radicchio, and grilled vegetables in a large bowl. Whisk together the orange juice and oil with remaining salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad.
- Top with orange segments.