Witches’ Cauldron Green Chile Dip
A hollowed-out acorn squash is an easy way to make a cauldron-like display without having to invest in specialty dishes. Using long, crunchy breadsticks or pretzel rods for dipping lets everyone stir the cauldron for some witchy fun.
Serves: 12Prep: 10 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large acorn squash
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1 1⁄2 cups Kroger Brand Finely Shredded Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 can 4 oz. hot or mild diced green chiles, drained
- 2 scoop lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Crunchy breadsticks or pretzel rods for dipping
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the top off the acorn squash and trim a small amount from the bottom so that it can sit upright. Using a melon baller, remove seeds and all but ½” of flesh from the squash. Place on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, cream, shredded cheese, green chiles, garlic, salt and pepper until well mixed. Transfer to prepared squash.
- Bake 45-50 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with breadsticks or pretzel rods for dipping.
- Refrigerate leftovers.