Risotto has a reputation for being difficult to make, but it isn’t. Just add the broth gradually and keep stirring!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 5 cups fat-free vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small shallot, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cups medium-grain rice
- ¼ cup sherry
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. minced parsley
- Place broth In a medium saucepan over low heat.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallot, and garlic and sauté until tender, about 7 minutes. Add rice; cook and stir for 3 minutes longer.
- Start adding the broth, a cup at a time, stirring frequently until broth is absorbed. When all the broth is added, rice is al dente, and the sauce is creamy, stir in sherry, cheese, and butter.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with parsley. Stir and serve immediately.