Blanched egg noodles or rice noodles can be added to this soup to turn it into a more substantial meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 lbs. ground pork
- 2 small shallots, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1⁄4 tsp. sugar
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 package (12 oz.) round wonton wrappers
- 2 cups chicken stock
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground pork, shallots, garlic, chopped cilantro, egg, soy sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Put 1 tablespoon of the mixture in the middle of each wonton wrapper and bring the top up over the filling, squeezing the edges to close. Continue until all the mixture is finished.
- Heat the stock in a medium saucepan and bring to boil over high heat. Drop wontons in the stock and let simmer over medium-low heat until wontons float to the surface.