Yellow Pepper and Tomato Soup
Yellow peppers and yellow tomatoes are very sweet and make a wonderful soup!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 medium yellow tomatoes, cored and puréed
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- 1½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Sauté the onion, garlic, and yellow pepper 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth, cream, and tomatoes. Stir in cumin, coriander, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Puree in a blender until smooth. Serve hot or cold.