Yellow Squash and Apple Soup
This is a refreshing summer soup with loads of flavor. Make a lot and serve it the next day to beat the heat.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 medium yellow squash, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 3 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 cup apple juice
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- 4 Tbsp. sour cream, for garnish
- In a large pot, sauté the shallots, apples, and squash in the butter until tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the sour cream. Stir to combine.
- Move the soup to a blender and purée in batches. Return the soup to the pot and bring it to a boil. Serve it hot or cold, garnished with sour cream.