Yogurt Barbecued Chicken
Yogurt is a wonderful tenderizer, making chicken tender and juicy. You can use any combination of spices you’d like in this easy recipe, and change the flavors easily with your favorite barbecue sauce.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 8 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 6 bone-in chicken breasts (8 oz. each)
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- In shallow dish, combine yogurt with the spices, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, and salt; mix well. Add chicken breasts and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat grill.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place skin-side down on grill. Grill chicken for 10 minutes, turn over and brush with barbecue sauce. Cook for another 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove from grill and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.