Yogurt Cheese Balls
Make sure that the yogurt you use to make yogurt cheese is free of fillers and thickening agents; find the purest yogurt possible.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 1 dayDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- ¼ cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup minced chives
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- To make the yogurt cheese, the day before, line a strainer with cheesecloth or a coffee filter. Place the strainer in a large bowl. Mix the herbs with the yogurt and add the mixture to the strainer. Cover and refrigerate overnight. The next day, place the thickened yogurt in a medium bowl. Discard the liquid, or whey, or reserve for use in soups and gravies.
- Roll the yogurt cheese into 1" balls. Place on serving plate and drizzle with olive oil. Serve immediately.