Yogurt Cheese with Dill
Dill, sage, rosemary, Greek seasoning, or hot peppers are good to use in this recipe. Fresh herbs really set this cheese off, but use dry herbs if they are the only ones you have. Just remember that dried herbs are concentrated and you will need less of them.
Makes: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 daysDifficulty: Easy
- 1 carton (32 oz.) lowfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, minced
- In a bowl, mix yogurt, salt, and herbs until well combined.
- Place a colander over a bowl; line colander with two layers of paper towels. Pour mixture into colander. Cover with a paper towel and place in the refrigerator for 2 days. All the whey will drain out, leaving a soft-spread cheese.
- Transfer the cheese to a ramekin or mold. Refrigerate and use as desired.