Yogurt “Fried” Chicken
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Spectrum Naturals Extra Virgin Olive Spray Oil with Garlic Flavor
- 4 slices (1 oz.) French bread
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (trimmed of fat)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1⁄4 tsp. mustard powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. salt-free lemon pepper
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Treat a baking pan with the spray oil.
- Place the bread in the bowl of a food processor or in a blender; process to make bread crumbs.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 8 equal-sized strips. In a medium-size bowl, combine the garlic powder, paprika, mustard powder, thyme, and lemon pepper with the yogurt and mix well. Add the chicken to the yogurt mixture, stirring to make sure all sides of the strips are covered. Lift the chicken strips out of the yogurt mixture and dredge all sides in the bread crumbs. Lightly mist the breaded chicken pieces with the spray oil and arrange in the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Use a spatula or tongs to turn the chicken pieces.