Yogurt-Topped Baked Potatoes
Potatoes are an excellent source of abundant vitamins and minerals, such as vitamins C and B6 and manganese, copper, and potassium. Topped with delicious clean toppings, these potatoes are a side dish that only taste like a guilty pleasure.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large Idaho potatoes, washed
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. plain nonfat yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat the potatoes with olive oil. Sprinkle the garlic powder and 1 teaspoon of salt all over the skins of the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes on the oven’s middle grate, and bake for 1 hour or until the outsides are crispy and potatoes feel soft when squeezed. Let cool for about 5 minutes and slit on the top. Press the ends slightly to make the slit open.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ teaspoon of sea salt and black pepper in the two openings. Spoon the yogurt in the openings, and top with the chopped chives.