Yukon Gold Gnocchi
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 large Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups Marinara sauce
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover and sprinkle in the salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until tender, approximately 30 minutes. Drain, peel the potatoes, and set aside to dry slightly.
- Mash the potatoes in a food mill or potato ricer and transfer to a large bowl. Add the flour, egg, and oil, and mix well with a rubber spatula to form smooth dough. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and roll into half-inch-thick tubes. Using a sharp knife, cut the tubes vertically to form the gnocchi. Run the tines of a fork around the edge to form the traditional ridges, if desired. Set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan filled with salted water to a boil, add the gnocchi, and cook until they rise to the top. Strain, and toss with the olive oil and Marinara sauce.