Almost everyone loves meatballs—and this gut-healthy recipe wonʼt disappoint. Alone, or paired with sauce, these meatballs will be a favorite for the whole family.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, minced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. all-natural sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, pepper, and garlic to skillet; sauté until soft. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, sautéed onion and peppers, salt, pepper, and egg; use your hands to mix well. Form mixture into 24 (1½") balls.
- Brush the rack of a roasting pan with remaining olive oil to coat lightly, and place over the roasting pan. Place meatballs 1 inch apart on rack.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn, and bake for another 10 minutes, or until completely cooked through.