Za’atar Cauliflower Steaks
When it comes to cooking family dinners, there’s a lot at stake. Our advice: put your best ‘steak’ forward and make this taste-bud-tingling recipe featuring za’atar, a Middle Eastern spice blend.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large head cauliflower, leaves removed
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons Private Selection™ Za’atar Blend
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 seedless cucumber, grated
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Trim half inch off stem end of cauliflower head and reserve for another use. With base of cauliflower sitting on cutting board, cut in half. Then cut each half into two slices and lay them on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with olive oil; season with za’atar and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan in small bowl and sprinkle evenly over cauliflower steaks. Drizzle olive oil over top.
- Bake 20–25 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- In small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, garlic, dill, remaining ½ teaspoon salt and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Garnish warm steaks with parsley and serve with yogurt sauce and lemon wedges. Refrigerate any leftovers.