Some argue that tiramisu should be made with a zabaglione filling, in which sweet Marsala wine replaces rum and coffee flavorings. This recipe adds grated chocolate, just for fun.
Makes: 3 cupsHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 3 cups
- 6 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp. superfine sugar, divided
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup Marsala wine
- ½ cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1 cup grated milk chocolate
- Whisk together the egg yolks and 2 tablespoons sugar in a bowl that can be used as the top of a double boiler. Place over simmering water and whisk until hot. Remove from the heat and whisk in the mascarpone cheese. Fold in the wine. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Whip the cream, using an electric mixer on a high speed, until soft peaks form. Sprinkle in the remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks just begin to form. Gently fold the whipped cream and grated chocolate into the cooled mascarpone mixture. Cover and refrigerate until cold.