Zesty Bacon-Wrapped Meatballs
With a touch of Asian flavor, these bacon-wrapped meatballs will be a delicious hit at your next gathering.
Serves: 4Prep: 35 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 1⁄4 cup chili or barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- Arrange 2 racks in upper and lower part of oven. Heat oven to 425°F. Line 2 rimmed baking pans with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir together ground beef, ground pork, bread crumbs, green onion, gingerroot, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and eggs.
- Shape into 1½” balls. Cut each slice of bacon into thirds. Wrap bacon around meatball, stretching slightly to fit. Place seam side down on baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until bacon is browned and meatball reaches at least 160°F. Remove from baking pan to large shallow bowl.
- Discard foil; reline pan with clean sheet of foil; spray with cooking spray.
- Meanwhile, stir together chili sauce, honey and Sriracha sauce. Gently stir honey mixture into meatballs. Place meatballs in single layer on baking pan. Bake 5 minutes longer or until glaze is set.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: Meatballs can be baked ahead and refrigerated up to 2 days. Reheat at 350°F for 10 minutes.