Zesty Carrot and Orange Soup
This delicious and colorful soup is easy to make. Sauté carrots, then simmer in chicken (or vegetable) stock until soft. Stir in fresh-squeezed orange juice and grated orange zest and purée. Serve with slices of orange.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tsp. orange zest, grated
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- In a medium stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil and butter. Add carrots and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add stock, increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until carrots are soft. Stir in orange juice, zest, and salt.
- Purée the soup using an immersion blender, blender, or food processor.