Zesty Crumb-Coated Cod
Instead of a slice of bread, you can crush croutons to make crumbs and add those to the food processor. This recipe is ideal for bread products that are slightly stale.
Serves: 3Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice, divided
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1 Tbsp. parsley
- 1 lb. cod fillet
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
Please try again later.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Combine 2 tablespoons lemon juice, bread, and parsley in a food processor and pulse until crumbs form.
- Place cod in a baking pan and sprinkle with remaining lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pat cod fillet with the breadcrumbs, turning fillet so you get both sides.
- Broil for about 3-5 minutes per side or until crumbs turn golden.