Zesty Lemon Hummus
Serve this Middle Eastern spread with pita, vegetables, or falafel.
Serves: 20Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 8 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. dried chickpeas, rinsed and soaked overnight in plenty of water
- 3 Tbsp. tahini
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 pitas, cut in wedges
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, add the chickpeas and cover with water by several inches. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Drain, reserving the liquid.
- In a food processor, place the cooked chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pulse until smooth, adding the reserved liquid as needed to achieve the desired texture.
- Serve topped with paprika and with pita wedges on the side.