Zesty Lime-Jicama Coleslaw
Jícama is a root vegetable native to Mexico, where raw jícama sticks are eaten raw with a little lime juice and red chili pepper sprinkled over top.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1 cup julienned yellow bell pepper
- 1½ cups peeled and shredded jícama
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. sweet Hungarian paprika
- ¼ tsp. red pepper sauce
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Toss cabbage, bell peppers, jícama, and carrots together in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir lime juice, sugar, salt, paprika, and red pepper sauce together in a small bowl. Mix until sugar and salt dissolve fully.
- Drizzle dressing over coleslaw and toss well to coat. Cover bowl and chill coleslaw for 1 hour before serving. Mix well before serving.