Ziti with Sausage and Ricotta Cheese
Here’s another quick and satisfying family meal. It’s great for a cold night when you want to relieve yourself from the chill.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ½ lb. Italian sausage, cut in small pieces
- 8 oz. ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. ground oregano
- 1 lb. whole wheat ziti, cooked
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 4 thin slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a 3-quart casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Steam the sausage in ¼ cup boiling water in a frying pan over medium high heat.
- Combine the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses, eggs, salt, pepper, and oregano in a separate bowl. Stir in the sausage. Mix pasta with the cheese mixture. Pour into the casserole dish.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the top and bake for 35 minutes. Just before serving, spread the mozzarella over the top and let it melt.