“Zoodles” with Pesto
Making “zoodles,” or zucchini noodles, is not only fun, but a healthy way to enjoy pasta recipes.
Serves: 3Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp. garlic-infused olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 tsp. sea salt, divided
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 lb. zucchini
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- For pesto sauce: Combine basil, garlic oil, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add extra-virgin olive oil, cheese, 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper and process until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Use a “spiralizer” or spiral slicer, and follow directions or use a vegetable peeler to make long, thin ribbons of zucchini.
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauté pan. Add zucchini noodles, 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper to pan and stir 3 to 5 minutes, or until noodles are just tender. Toss with pesto sauce, and serve.