Zucchini is a versatile vegetable that takes on whatever flavors it’s combined with. This beautiful presentation of zucchini uses all-natural ingredients to create a delicious dish with vibrant colors and flavors for a tasty snack or side.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large zucchini
- 1 red pepper, minced
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, minced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F and prepare a small oven grate with olive oil spray.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, and clean the seeds out of the center to make a large opening for the vegetables. Place on a baking sheet.
- Prepare a large skillet with olive oil spray over medium heat. Sauté the pepper, onion, and mushrooms with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper until vegetables are slightly softened. Pack the pepper mixture into the centers of each zucchini and top with goat cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted.