Zucchini is a delicate squash that is in season during mid- and late summer in most climates. Try to use fresh zucchini immediately and avoid refrigerating if possible. Zucchini hates the cold!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) devil’s food cake mix
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1¼ cups apple juice
- 1 cup organic zucchini, shredded
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Flour and grease a 10" tube pan.
- Combine cake mix, ground cinnamon, and eggs and beat for 2 minutes. Shred zucchini using a large-holed grater or a food processor. Fold zucchini in gently.
- Turn batter into pan and spread evenly. Bake for 55 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool. Mix softened cream cheese and lemon juice for frosting. Frost cake.