These scrumptious oven-baked patties are a perfect way to use some of your garden surplus. Garnish with homemade horseradish sauce or salt-free ketchup. Substitute your favorite salt-free seasoning blend for the all-purpose seasoning if desired.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (with skin)
- 1 small onion, peeled and minced
- 1 egg white
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. salt-free all-purpose seasoning
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet lightly with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Press shredded zucchini gently between paper towels to release excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, onion, egg, bread crumbs, seasoning, and black pepper. Mix well. Shape mixture into patties and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet on middle rack in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Gently flip patties and return to oven to bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.