Serve this frittata with tomato sauce for an extra-savory presentation.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. small zucchini
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Trim the zucchini and cut it crosswise into very thin slices. In a medium-size bowl, beat the eggs until light and frothy. Add the zucchini, half of the cheese, and the salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter and add the oil to a medium-size nonstick ovenproof sauté pan over medium heat. Add the egg mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Place it in the oven and bake until set but still slightly moist, about 20 minutes.
- Serve the frittata directly from the pan or slide it onto a plate. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.