You do not need to peel the zucchini, but you must peel the potato for use in this recipe.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. almond meal (or more as needed)
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil for frying
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 medium white potato, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄2 medium white onion, minced
- In a small bowl, beat eggs well. Add mint, dill, garlic, extra-virgin olive oil, almond meal, salt, pepper, and baking powder. Mix well to achieve a thick batter-like consistency. If the mixture is thin, add more almond meal to thicken slightly.
- Add olive oil to a 10-inch skillet (depth of oil should be no more than 1⁄2 inch). Heat on medium for about 3 to 4 minutes, until thoroughly heated.
- Meanwhile, combine zucchini, potato, and onion in a large mixing bowl. Stir batter into zucchini mixture.
- Using a large spoon, add portions of zucchini mixture to hot oil in clumps, making sure to form them as small pancakes. Work quickly so mixture does not become watery. (Zucchini will begin to seep water immediately upon shredding.)
- Cook about 3 to 4 minutes. Carefully turn fritters with a small spatula or large fork and cook for another 3–4 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Serve hot.