Lighten up your favorite lasagna recipe with a fresh twist! Zucchini is used in place of lasagna noodles and features the classic flavor you love.
Serves: 9Prep: 40 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 large zucchini
- 1 container (15 oz.) of ricotta cheese
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and excess water removed
- 1 tablespoon Kroger® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (24 oz.) Bertolli® Organic Olive Oil Basil & Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a peeler, slice the zucchini lengthwise and set on a paper towel to dry out some of the moisture. Try to make the slices as thin as possible.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta and spinach.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and brown the beef until cooked through. Pour the sauce over the cooked meat and stir to combine.
- Pour a third of the meat sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish. Add a thick layer of sliced zucchini noodles. Spread ½ of the ricotta mixture over the zucchini layer, then add another layer of zucchini on top. Pour half of the remaining meat sauce over the zucchini.
- Repeat a layer of zucchini, ricotta and zucchini again. Then top with the remaining meat sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve.