Zucchini Pie with Herbs and Cheese
This is a fantastic savory pie. Serve it with a simple green salad for a perfect brunch or lunch dish.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 scallions, ends trimmed and finely chopped
- 4 medium zucchini, 3 diced and 1 thinly sliced into rounds
- ½ tsp. salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup strained Greek yogurt
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup grated kasseri (or Gouda) cheese
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. sweet paprika, divided
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add the scallions, diced zucchini, and salt. Cook for about 20 minutes to soften the vegetables and evaporate half of their released liquids. Take the skillet off the heat and reserve.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk for 2 minutes. Stir in the flour and baking powder. Stir in the Greek yogurt. Stir in the cheeses and softened vegetables. Stir in the pepper, 1½ teaspoons of paprika, and the dill.
- Pour the mixture into a large, deep, greased baking dish. Top the vegetables with zucchini slices and sprinkle with the remaining paprika.
- Place the dish on the middle rack and bake for 1 hour. Allow the pie to cool for about 15 minutes before cutting it into slices and serving.