Zucchini Pizza Slices
Satisfy your pizza craving with this better-for-you snack!
Serves: 2Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 pound Simple Truth™ Italian Sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash, cut on the bias into 8 slices, ¼” thick
- 1⁄4 cup pizza sauce (or Kroger® HemisFares Basil, Red Pesto, Caponata or Private Selection™ Tomato Bruschetta)
- 4 small fresh mozzarella balls, sliced into 4 slices each (or ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Arrange the zucchini slices on the tray.
- Spread ½ tablespoon of sauce on each zucchini slice, and top with sausage crumbles. Top with cheese slices.
- Bake zucchini slices for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve warm as a snack or light lunch. Refrigerate leftovers.