Zucchini and Potato Latkes
These delicious zucchini-potato latkes are a perfect compliment to any meat dish. Enjoy on their own or topped with a dollop of sour cream or applesauce.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 45 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. zucchini, shredded
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 3 green onions, diced
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. olive oil, plus additional for frying
- ¾ cup matzo meal
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Wrap zucchini and potatoes in clean kitchen towels and squeeze out excess liquid. Place in a large bowl and stir in green onions.
- Add eggs, 1 teaspoon olive oil, matzo meal, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- In a large, heavy frying pan, heat a thin film of oil. Using a tablespoon, spoon zucchini mixture into the pan and brown on both sides. Serve hot.