Zucchini Soup with Coconut Milk
Five cups of sliced zucchini equals about 6 baby zucchini, 2–3 medium-sized ones, or 1 jumbo backyard garden variety.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 5 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium stalk celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat; sauté zucchini, onions, celery, and garlic with curry powder, salt, cinnamon, and pepper, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, until vegetables are softened.
- Pour in stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, covered, for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are very tender.
- Add coconut milk and stir until heated through. Sprinkle individual portions with freshly grated nutmeg.