Enjoy this walnut-studded zucchini bread alone with cream cheese.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a standard loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oil, zucchini, and vanilla. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, and spices. Add to the zucchini mixture. Stir until just combined. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out with just a few dry crumbs. Place the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert the loaf onto the rack and cool fully.