Zucchini with Chermoula
This dish packs a wonderful amount of flavor and, even better, takes very little effort to make. Instead of baking, feel free to pan-fry or grill the zucchini.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley leaves and stems
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro leaves and stems
- 2 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 4 tsp. pink peppercorns
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. zucchini
- Combine garlic, parsley, cilantro, lemon zest, peppercorns, chili powder, and cumin in a blender. Purée on low until combined. With the blender running, slowly add oil in a steady stream.
- Cut zucchini into lengthwise slices 1⁄4 inch thick.
- Rub the zucchini slices with the garlic-herb mixture and set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the zucchini on a cookie sheet or baking dish. Bake 30 minutes until zucchini is cooked but still a bit firm. Serve zucchini hot or cold.