Zucchini Yogurt Cake
Zucchini is a versatile vegetable that is delicious both in savory and sweet recipes. Here we shred it, fold it into a rich batter with walnuts, banana, and orange peel and bake it in a Bundt pan.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced banana
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel
- Confectioner’s sugar for garnish
- Grease and flour 10-inch fluted tube pan. Set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer until light. With mixer running, gradually add sugar and honey until mixture is light and fluffy. Slowly beat in oil.
- Reduce speed to low. Fold in flour mixture alternately with yogurt, scraping bowl as necessary. Fold in zucchini, walnuts, banana, and orange peel.
- Turn batter into prepared Bundt pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until cake begins to crack on top. Don't allow to get too brown!
- Invert on a rack to cool. Remove from pan while still warm. Cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.